Wednesday, June 4, 2014

GFAF Wellness Event Follow Up

For those of you that missed the Gluten and Allergen Free Even last weekend you missed out on great people, information, food. and the opportunity to network with people living similar lifestyles as us. I wasn't really sure what to expect as far as turnout, but I was pleasantly surprised by how many people made it out! Not to mention great vendors like Schnucks, New Day Gluten Free, Delight Gluten Free Magazine, and so many more. There were quite a few also doing giveaways. Unfortunately nobody has called me to tell me I am a winner yet! Lol :(

Below is a list of a few of my favorite products from the event and where you can find them! If you have questions you can contact me, or one of the vendors who were all super sweet and knowledgeable about gluten free and their products!

The first was My Coconut Kitchen- They are a series of coconut butter based products that cn be used as sauces, made into hard candies, whatever your hear desires. The owner, Angie Carl, was super sweet, and all her product is made by her, here in the St. Louis area! To contact her use this link: Website!

Anyone in the St. Louis area knows Schnucks. However, what you might not know is that the Des Peres location employs Registered Dietitian Katie Mueller. She is available for Celiac store tours, nutrition counseling, and allergy assistance among other things. You can call the store at (314) 562-3615 for more details.

Another super sweet lady I wanted to mention is Laci Hansard. She is a fellow blogger at Picket Fence Paleo, and is an independent representative for Red Apple Lipstick, which sells completely gluten free lipsticks, among other products. She is very sweet and very active in the community. If you're interested in any of the products feel free to get in touch with her. Twitter or Email!

I could go on and on about the people involved that made this event a success! I will try to be working on a lot more product follow up so stay tuned!

Also I am currently reviewing a fabulous new gluten free cookbook. Once I have successfully made a few recipes I will post some pictures, and the publishing company is allowing me to giveaway one cookbook to one luck reader! So keep an eye out for the post in the next week! ;)

1 comment:

  1. So great to meet you Angela and so glad you had a good time! Thanks for being a part of the blogger team!

    ReplyDelete